la vista, ne
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Currently on day 3 of SLAM after failing an OCLT (drop of 2) and seeing what I thought was dirt (likely algae) in my liner seams. At the time my water was still very clear. My cya is 80 as I raised after my initial opening SLAM, which I think I must have not completely right as my FC has never gotten below 7 since.

At slam levels of 31, testing and adding chlorine 3/4x per day, the water crystal clear and no visible dirt/algae in seams. I brush thoroughly 2x/day and have scrubbed ladder, led lights, skimmers, returns and drains. Have not removed lights or drains, however, to check behind. Last night I failed the OCLT by 3. CC is usually 0. I’m using a 5ml sample so as not to blow through all my regent and also questioning what my margin of error is with so many drops.

I plan on doing another OCLT test tonight but it seems like this SLAM is taking a while for such clear water. But maybe I’m just a little impatient. Another thing I’m questioning are these little patches of something I find in my skimmer boxes occasionally. They are a light brown color and when I run my finger on them they feel gritty or rough. Just want to make sure this could not be algae? It’s always in the boxes and seem to form at some point each day.

I appreciate everyone’s time and advice. I have spent countless hours reading and learning from this site. Some days I (or rather my husband) is convinced this pool is just an outlet for my OCD. 2EB6FF3B-C8A7-4FC5-ADAD-6BE6FF0D74D4.jpeg

Attachments

• 03862543-8195-40B8-AF37-EDAE71F3BE26.jpeg
    03862543-8195-40B8-AF37-EDAE71F3BE26.jpeg
    70 KB · Views: 4
it could be sand or something just getting blow in the pool.. For your OCLT I would use a 10 ml sample..

It can take a while and it sucks doing a SLAM at CYA of 80... a loss of 3 fc with a 5 ml sample could be a 1.5 fc loss with a 10 ml sample so be careful using the 5 ml, works great for adding chlorine but not OCLT..

Thank you. I passed my OCLT this morning with a loss of 1…33 to 32 at slightly above slam level. I did use 5ml sample (so true loss of .5?) however as I didn’t see your post in time. Hoping I’m good?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.