Is a waterfall worth it?

That's not a waterfall...this is a waterfall! :)

I like the pile of rocks comment, see that a lot!

That said, the waterfall is a showoff item only. Yes, the kids love to play in it, and jump in the pool off the rocks - but you have to run it regularly to avoid algea in the pipes, and everytime it runs, the PH goes UP! :)

Attachments

• IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    623.9 KB · Views: 56
Roy,

Your waterfall fits your landscape.. Just think what it would look like if your yard was flat.. Then it would just be a pile of rocks.

It makes sense to see your water flow from high ground to low ground. It does not make a lot of sense to see the water magically appear on top of a pile of rocks in a flat yard.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Reactions: YippeeSkippy
We love the sheer descent, our pool is freeform, but flat on the back. Also a small waterfall from spillover on the spa. I don't like the rock waterfalls, they always look out of place to me. I discourage the use of the sheer descents, because of the pH, however.

We have three sheer decent waterfalls built into or jumping steps. It’s nice and formal looking but it’s best use is in adding chemicals as it mixes up in the pool fast. Would I do it Again? probably so since cost for materials and labor was under $1k for everything.image.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.