Is 2100 ok for pump 24/7?

Why do you want to run the pump 24 hours per day?
You likely can use a much lower RPM (1000-1200 maybe) and run less hours per day, especially since you have an auto cover and robot.

Reactions: Jimrahbe
I run my new VSP at about 1800 because :
  1. It uses less power in 24hrs @ 1800 than the old single-speed Hayward did in 10 hours (320W/hr vs 1750W/hr)
  2. It moves more water in 24hrs @ 1800 than the old single-speed Hayward did in 10 hours! (~25GPM vs 45GPM)
  3. At some point I'll be adding a SWG and having the constant flow will work well.
  4. That;s the lowest it will go and still (reliably) kick the heater on
  5. Its super quiet
Right now, we ramp it up to 3000 when we are actually in the pool so we can put our skimmers on and clean up the floaty debris. but otherwise, it whispers along at 1800.

Your specific RPM may vary depending on filter/plumbing/intakes/returns etc....

Reactions: newdude
I too have a SuperFlo pump and it is limited to only three programmed settings so choose wisely. Each pool is also unique so it is impossible to recommend the best setting for you as that will require knowing your system requirements then testing and observing.
My pump runs 1.5 hours at 2200 rpm on settings #1 and #3 to skim and polish the surface and generate FC for 2 of these 3 hours. Setting #2 runs 8 hours at 1550 rpm primarily to meet flow requirements for my SWCG while still pulling enough water to slowly skim surface. Overall pump run time maxes out peak summer at 11-12 hours per day and down as low as 5 hours in winter by adjusting setting #2. The quick clean button is set for 1 hour at 2000 rpm and used as needed. I have also disabled the priming setting as it is not needed on my system.

Overall pump run time maxes out peak summer at 11-12 hours per day and down as low as 5 hours in winter by adjusting setting #2.
We don't need a winter setting, as the water in my pool during the winter is solid... :)

Shining Jack Nicholson GIF

• Sad
Reactions: Oly and newdude
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.