Irrigation around above ground pool. How much water is too much?

magicman1223

Jun 26, 2019
st louis
Hey Everyone,

My wife and I just got a new above ground pool and patio installed in the last month or so. We just had our first heavy rain since and it looks like there might be a problem. Water appears to stand around the pool, and its almost as if it is in the the way of drainage. (never noticed this prior to the install) Have any ideas on how to fix this? I was thinking about building a block wall on the left side to hopfully move water away from the pool wall.

One other thing not really related when a company installs an above ground pool do they normally leave a rut around it and not back fill it?

Thanks!

Attachments

• waterpic.jpg
    waterpic.jpg
    452 KB · Views: 61
  • waterpic2.jpg
    waterpic2.jpg
    523.1 KB · Views: 65
  • waterpic8.jpg
    waterpic8.jpg
    355.4 KB · Views: 64
  • waterpic6.jpg
    waterpic6.jpg
    739.2 KB · Views: 63
  • waterpic5.jpg
    waterpic5.jpg
    811.4 KB · Views: 61
  • waterpic7.jpg
    waterpic7.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 59
  • waterpic4.jpg
    waterpic4.jpg
    729.4 KB · Views: 58
  • waterpic3.jpg
    waterpic3.jpg
    461 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Hi, welcome to TFP! It looks like you pool was placed downslope from the new patio. You can install french drains to move the water away from the pool. Some installers will backfill and some don't. If it wasn't specified in the agreement then they don't have to do it. You want something next to the pool that will not hold water, so that it drains away quickly. Pebbles, marble chips, river stone, and other small landscaping rocks provide good drainage around the pool.

Hi, welcome to TFP! It looks like you pool was placed downslope from the new patio. You can install french drains to move the water away from the pool. Some installers will backfill and some don't. If it wasn't specified in the agreement then they don't have to do it. You want something next to the pool that will not hold water, so that it drains away quickly. Pebbles, marble chips, river stone, and other small landscaping rocks provide good drainage around the pool.

Ill look up french drains and see what I can make happen. Thanks for the suggestion!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.