Houston, TX
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Hayward Aqua Rite Pro (T-15)
I believe I have iron stains in the pool. Now the season is over, I plan to put use Ascorbic Acid method into play.

#1) Before I do this, I want to make sure that the stains are indeed iron. We get "brown" deposits in the toilet tanks. And they appear to be fine iron/rust looking stuff.

Here is the report from my water supply

Metals.JPG
The Brown/Yellow stains in the pool are light and spread all over.

So, once I put the acid in and the stains come up, the iron is back in the water. I feel like that would be the time to drain the pool and refill. But as you see, there is some iron in the water. Otherwise, how do I get the iron OUT of the water. I see mention of Jack's magic potions. And I'm not opposed to killing a set of old cartridge filters if this is the better way to get the iron out than refilling.

Help?

At what level is Iron a problem? We have 0.018 ppm. BUT...

Sometimes when they flush our system we get a brown dust in the water.

If you have visible iron then good chance filtering your fill water will help remove it.

Iron accumulates and you have lots of evaporation. So over time your 0.018 ppm iron fill water can become 1 or 2 or 3 ppm in the pool. Adding chemcials that suddenly raise the pH is the type of thing that can cause iron to precipatate out fo the water and stain the pool surfaces.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.