Iridescent glass tile on raised wall--blinding glare??

Jul 2, 2014
Austin, TX
My pool build will be coming very soon :) My husband and I went over the weekend to look at tile samples and I was loving the NPT Lightstreams (is that what they are called) iridescent tiles like Arctic Ice, Aquamarine, etc. I'm sorry if I'm getting the names wrong lol

We ended up choosing one that looked less iridescent---the Oceanscapes 1x1 offset Surfside Blend. Still does have iridescence I think (hope) but I am wondering for anyone that did end up choosing an iridescent glass tile and you have it somewhere where the light is going to hit for much of the day, is it an annoying glare? I think waterline wouldn't be as noticeable but we will have like a 10 ft wall with three sheers and its 12" and 18" tall in the center. I just don't want to be blinded by a rainbow of shining colors (actually doesn't sound too bad to me ;-)) and my husband is very against that...

Anyone have photos? Anyone have Oceanscapes Surfside? I've searched the forum backwards and forwards...
Thank you!

I have the Lightstreams tile on my spa spillover and as trim on all the benches, steps and tanning ledge. It does have a great amount of iridescence to it (I ordered a 65/35 mix) and it is not glaring or annoying. It just changes colors. We love it.

IMG_9487.jpg Without water. Color varies with the angle of the sun.

IMG_0571.jpg With water.

And sometimes, due to the angle of the sun, it looks plain blue.

IMG_9555.jpg

I went by and took pictures. This is with the ok flagstone and French gray mini pebble stonescapes. Still not sure!
2a6407f3c45fb1a0bd70c1fda9db859a.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Here is a pic!
773933f0e0b0c1ed1ea1d614f65da08d.jpg
The Arctic Ice is my very top choice. Do you have any other photos? This is gorgeous!!! Does it look pretty white on the sun ledge/ steps? I like White Diamonds okay, too, but I always like Arctic Ice better in the ads because it looks less pebble- y on the steps where you can see it up close. Does the texture feel rough to your feet? Thank you. I am so happy I ran across this photo. Seems like there are far fewer of us who prefer the lighter pools.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.