iPad or Laptop

Hmmm, well it didn't work so well. Those two smileys didn't render correctly... Did you select them from the Smiley dialog box? Or type them from Apple's emoji keyboard?

I used iPad emoji and that was the first quirk I found. Had an issue with links as well but think I fixed that. I’m also testing a Bluetooth keyboard and Apple Pencil:)

Thanks for the feedback....

I believe the html code underlying the TFP smileys is not the same as the markup that produces Apple's emojis... So ya gotta still use the TFP "smiley selector."

True Dirk...seems I also have to add pictures from within TFP (little picture window in tab line) instead of drag and drop :(

Don't get me wrong. I like my iPad, and use it every day. I just don't like to type on it. But they're getting better with every OS release...

This is how my little setup looks when I want to use everything. I had forgotten I even had the mini apple keyboard. We shall see how much I use the keyboard...

79561464-23B0-460A-86BC-E1FD90B7D09C.jpg

It's amusing to me how Apple, and a lot of users, resort to adding things to their iPads to make them more useful and productive: covers that allow you to close them up, and to angle the screen just so, and a keyboard, external speakers. Hmmm, sound like any device you know? ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist...

:) true Dirk. New iPad has 4 speakers and sounds twice as good as my MacBook for sure...at the end of the day I was able to get my granddaughter an iPad mini and me the pro, pencil and beat headphones for less than the price of a new MacBook Pro. That was a win win and if all else fails or I need to do something extensive I still have options to turn to. Now I just have to get use to it :)

Four speakers? Nice. Now's the bass? I blew up my MacBook's speakers watching movies. Reminds me, I still have to get that fixed... Headphones are the way to go, but not always comfortable while dozing off to a movie... Which, to bring this full circle, I do on occasion out by the pool. iPad is much preferred for that use case.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
iPad Pro speakers are awesome! The new Beat 3 headphones are very comfortable with great sound and wonderful base...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.