Iowa hurricane

D&GNewbies

Jun 25, 2020
Iowa
So we just had what was basically a hurricane in Iowa. Luckily we did not get the 100+ mph winds the towns a few miles from us did but we did lose power. No eta of when power will be restored. My concern is our pool. How do i keep algae from growing with no pump running? We don’t have a generator and good luck finding one after this storm. Do I just test and add liquid chlorine as needed to keep it at shock level? Do I add A floating chlorinator with pucks to at least have a way to have chlorine going in? Help!!!

You can easily take it to SLAM level and go swimming to sir it in, check it tomorrow take it back to SLAM level and go swimming, rinse repeat :)

Well our pool survived with just a few extra leaves in the bottom. Got those cleaned out and the pump running on a generator for now. A few hours off and on. Keeping chlorine around 10 right now. pH is holding steady at 7.6. Probably put half gallon of liquid chlorine in later this morning since the sun is bright today.

Reactions: cowboycasey
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.