Iowa DYI In-ground Vinyl Pool Build

It's been a rainy 2 weeks here as it has been elsewhere in the country so that has put a damper on my poolcrete contractor. I was hoping to be swimming on my birthday next weekend, but mid June seems more realistic now. I will continue to work on what I can till this rain stops.
This was last Friday morning when I woke up below.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Took last Thursday and Friday off and really made good progress on the pool. Pool is almost full after about 34 hours of filling we had shut it off last night at 10pm until we cut out the skimmer holes. Darn work. The last picture is from our living room window. It is everything that we dreamed of. Thanks for everyone's comments and advice.

Beautiful...and yet one more reason why "what the liner looks like" and "what the liner looks like with water" is so totally different...I love the color of the pool water. I assume you know this, but get some bleach in there ASAP.

Beautiful...and yet one more reason why "what the liner looks like" and "what the liner looks like with water" is so totally different...I love the color of the pool water. I assume you know this, but get some bleach in there ASAP.
Thank you. I added bleach and put my sump pump at the bottom to keep the water moving.

Been quiet on my bild for a few weeks as we should be laying travertine by now, but we have a major leak. All equipment and was installed, functioning, and the water balanced for Fathers Day while we enjoyed the day with our makeshift plywood deck. 3 days later we started noticing the water had dropped 3 inches to so I topped it back off thinking it was evaporation. 12 hours later it was back down an inch. Been a disappointing and frustrating few days digging around, pressure testing all my plumbing, looking for leaks around the skimmers / returns., and dye testing all over. Yesterday I dug up the electrical conduit and abandoned the old hoping the leak was in the only place I could not pressure test, but this morning we were still losing water. Hard to believe that our liner would be leaking so soon, but we are calling in someone who does leak detection. Just baffles me where 4000 gallons of water would go and I can't seem to find any of it.

gotta get a mask on and check all of the pool penetrations. I would let it fall to below the skimmer and then if not let it go to the returns. if you have a set of drains dye test them. with a leak that large you would be pulling water from the pool into one of the openings, you can see the dye slowly get sucked in to eyeballs, drains, etc. just takes patience. leave the pumps off and figure out how much water your losing with system off, you can find it with enough detective work. theres gotta be a wet area around the pool somewhere otherwise its getting sucked down beneath the floor

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.