Intro and pool problems

You know, I read that thread before I ever posted on here and could never find it again. I tried that with the Intex and could never get it to prime. of course, since I was going by memory I totally forgot about the water hose trick. I'm going to try that right now and see what happens.

Thanks,
bob

I run mine 24/7 also. I'll run them both if I cab get this to work.

OK, it worked. I now have 2 1000gph pumps working that pool. Let's see what happens on the morrow (or several days, whichever). I don't have bat weights yet so I'm using big fishing weights right now. I probably need more weight to hold the hoses down.
I may actually get this pool running again.

Thanks frogabog.

LOL, a big fishing weight was our first choice as well. H bought the bat weight specifically for this purpose after we came to the conclusion lead in the pool was probably not the best idea. At least it's rubber coated lead.

Check out those walmart filters, they will catch more fines and help keep the floor clean. I'm actually running one walmart and one intex at the moment and it's still sub-standard. Two of those suckers though... only had to vacuum once last week and it was a breeze.

The latest readings from this morning. The pool looks much clearer already so that makes me excited.

FC - 16.5 - still high from shocking
CC - 0-0.5
CYA - 80
PH - 7.4
CH - 350
TA - 180

Not too bad but it still needs some help. Headed to the Pool Calculator to see what to do next.
I will also take readings this evening to see if anything changes since I did have to add about 3" of water.

1shotbob said:
I bought a package of the Walmart brand and trashed them right away because the 'gummed up' and started reflecting water flow in a single day. I guess I need that for a while. I'll go buy some more.

I'm going on day three with the dryer sheet type cartridge in the skimmer pump, and walmart dotty cartridge in the Summer Escapes over the side pump.

Water is as clear as it ever could be and the over the side pump is on day two w/o cleaning with decent flow. I had issues w/the flow on the skimmer pump clogging up so soon, I like the skimmer to skim properly full time. This combination seems to work well.

My pump base is being constructed at the moment for the SWG and sand filter/pump. I hear it's going to have a roof... there are a few benefits to being married to a pump guy :~}

Have you considered lowering CYA?

I have but I'm sort of unclear as to how to do that. I understood it to be releasing water and refilling. Is that correct?
I may also go back to the SWG since I am now using the Intex pump that fits it.
I'll be testing the CYA again tonight if things go as planned.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.