Intext Krystal Clear Saltwater System

dandaluz

Oct 19, 2021
NJ
Hi Everyone,

I've got an Intex sand filter pump with the saltwater system for my above ground 12x8 pool. It moves the water well enough, but I was looking into replacing the pump, which is .6 HP with a 1HP. The only potential problem that I can see is that the saltwater system that attaches to the sand filter/pump calls for a flow rate of between 700-3,000 GPH. The pump I'm looking into moves water at about 5,100 GPH. My questions are:

What would happen if I connect that pump with that flow rate to the Intext saltwater system?

Would the saltwater system just be a bottleneck and max out the flow at 3,000 GPH or could the water possibly move through the saltwater system beyond 3,000?

Could the saltwater system become damaged if I attached a significantly higher GPH pump to it?

My current Intext pump moves the water at about 2,150 GPH. Is another 850 GPH even a noticeable difference (assuming the saltwater system caps the flow at 3,000 GPH)?

Thanks!

Danny

Hi Everyone,

I've got an Intex sand filter pump with the saltwater system for my above ground 12x8 pool. It moves the water well enough, but I was looking into replacing the pump, which is .6 HP with a 1HP. The only potential problem that I can see is that the saltwater system that attaches to the sand filter/pump calls for a flow rate of between 700-3,000 GPH. The pump I'm looking into moves water at about 5,100 GPH. My questions are:

What would happen if I connect that pump with that flow rate to the Intext saltwater system?

Would the saltwater system just be a bottleneck and max out the flow at 3,000 GPH or could the water possibly move through the saltwater system beyond 3,000?

Could the saltwater system become damaged if I attached a significantly higher GPH pump to it?

My current Intext pump moves the water at about 2,150 GPH. Is another 850 GPH even a noticeable difference (assuming the saltwater system caps the flow at 3,000 GPH)?

Thanks!

Danny
The rated flow and actual flow of above ground pumps are often very different. It will be restricted by the skimmer, fittings, hoses, filter. What pump are you considering? Your system now is rated at max 50gpm. Most above ground pumps of 1hp will only move that much regardless of what the label says. Horsepower is how much energy is being used. The design of the pump determines how much of that is converted to water movement.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.