Intex zx300??

You’d have to pry Junior from my cold waterlogged pruney fingers
See ???? Case and point. It has a lot more weight to it instead of the typical ‘oh they come recommended here’. Which is true, but doesn’t not come close to reality.

@kellyfair i have joined the club - been rearranging the plumbing & filling as we speak 🤞fingers crossed no leaks!
603B467B-83B4-41C6-B9E4-DB9FB997E0B4.jpeg
it still looks like spaghetti but at least its not where i stand & trip over everything- ps - I don’t like the flex pvc & I’m pretty sure its gonna leak ( it was the end of the roll so it wanted to keep it’s curve) i’ve got my hard pvc ready to go if it doesn’t work out. 503F38BC-D4C2-477F-A0F4-883BF5C2F0D9.jpeg

Reactions: Newdude
Hey, purple fingernails!

I made Lowe’s cut mine NOT at the end of a roll so it was less curly. I like it because it’s a bit more forgiving if your angle is slightly off, yet still durable.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Update: no ship date in sight 😫
So I canceled my order this morning & ordered the dolphin nautilus cc refurb on poolpartz as i am currently in the process of opening & I can’t reach the middle of my 33’ round w/ a manual vac. Praying it comes in a couple days as my old intex automatic cleaner wasn’t doing well at the end of the season.
Quite the jump there! While the new Intex looks a lot better than the old one I’m sure the Dolphin will be better yet.

I got the old Intex Auto Cleaner last year, but I got annoyed with it wrapping around the pool ladder. I partially solved that, but the hose was too short for my 26' pool for it to reach all the way across. Biggest annoyance was the limited capacity (I've got trees that overhang the pool) so it often wouldn't run for more than a day or two before it just stopped moving. The other annoyance was removing it to return to regular filtration, somewhat annoying to unscrew the hose and pull the cleaner and hose out. I tried leaving it in all the time except when swimming but I found the lack of circular water movement from the normal return meant my skimmer was much less effective which meant more stuff at the bottom instead of getting caught by the skimmer before it sank. Eventually I just stopped using it. I think a slightly smaller pool (or hose extension) and a pool not near trees and it'd be a great cleaner.

I ordered the Pool Rover Jr this weekend to replace it. Not to hijack the thread but if anyone wants an older model Intex auto cleaner you're welcome to have it for the cost of shipping.

Last edited:
I had a bunch of intex hose pieces & some for my mamba or whatever its called so i just extended it so it would reach all the way across my 33’ pool. I have 2 returns so i just put it on the bottom one & it didn’t affect my “swirl” too much other than the hose kinda damming debris/bugs. I am looking forward to not having to deal with 35’ of hose. I plan to keep my dolphin in the deck box when not in use & mount the power supply in there to protect it - i think I should just be able to make small notches in the lid for the cords. My power outlets are on the deck post just to the left of my equipment in the pic above so it should make for a clean install. A possible future robot inspired my lifetime deck box purchase. I was about to order the nautilus ( i have had it in my cart a bagillion times over the past 2 years) when i came across the new improved intex & thought it might be worthwhile to save a few $$$ this year. I still recommend the old intex cleaner to everyone on a budget as it has allowed me to mostly avoid manually vacuuming for over 4 seasons.

The pool boy came! He’s been in his box for 2 days as i have tried to pump all the water off the cover (I think I have a hole). I had to go out of town the day he was to be delivered so i had to redirect him to the dollar general down the street since a signature was required & it added a day to his transit time. I think i will really like this new pool boy 😁85D2FE4C-4FEF-4AC4-9B62-245263B30628.jpeg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Very interesting 🧐
Still the same principle as the old one just added brushes & the wall climbing.
looks like a hit!
Hey if you had just waited little longer! Finally in stock mine was delivered 15 min ago. I saw your post and grew tired of many emails pushing the delivery date out more and more then I got an email to leave a review so I did and said basically wouldn’t know cause haven’t seen product yet despite ordering early April and maybe the selling website was bogus ?? Well had oral surgery n forgot to keep eye n ck this morning who would hav thought but today was down as delivery date and here it is. Was nervous to possibly get the other model which I have and love. I prefer the intex due to pressure side and since it’s made for intex type pool I’m not concerned about it ripping my liner. I will work on video when I open but someone drained my pool probably property manager so I have to relevel the ground before I can set it back up. If you do look the z300 vac up on the website you will see it no longer says on back order. Strange tho as intex doesn’t even offer replacement parts for it. But for 99.00 can’t beat it at all seeing as the old models r running double that some places when you can find them. Got couple off Facebook locally for friend 2 for 75.00 and wow not sure how ppl can live with themselves selling items so disgusting and nasty dirty. Never again will I follow thru with a buy if im not really getting a deal.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Someone just went and drained your pool??
Oh yeah was amazing actually cause I winterize and had winter cover on n water under cover was crystal clear. I have a mobile home I own but I rent a lot and have new manager who’s come up with so many excuses that aren’t legit for me to remove pool like that it’s on electical lines and things like that. But I drained all the water off winter cover like 3 days prior to this and all was good but left submersible pump sitting on cover. So when I got home first thought was omg must b hole in cover and siphon effect just continued on the pump even tho I had it off but then I saw the huge flood. No way any leak could drain out 3000 gallons water in few hours. Is overnight even using drain port but with water hose so had to be open drain wide open n came back capped it off. Manager knew me and next door neighbor were both gone same time which is rare and was first day I didn’t arm my cameras or gate alert or take my stun gun and mace with me when I left (long story of domestic abuse and home invasion). I did find a 1” tear on floor of pool but that’s all and it didn’t come from that I know lol. So now I cant do anything all my landscape fabric is shot. I was n middle of adding river rock already invested prob 500.00 in fabric and pins plus border and had it all n place and had 200 n rock delivered and bought more than that bagged and all of it has to be redone and pool taken down I can’t move pool by myself without taking it apart and it’s an intex ultra frame replacement liner I just put on in July. Plus have foam puzzle pieces under the pool and gorilla pad as well and then glued noodles end to end and they go all around bottom edge of pool behind the legs to keep small rocks from poking. So I can just assume. Surely I would be able to tell if the entire seam was busted. We did have a week long hard freeze that isn’t normal for my area and pool froze solid. But I did everything right. I have another pool I may just put up instead 2 actually got one oval n then they moved my electric pole to where it won’t fit and so got another round at academy it’s just a mess and won’t stop raining. Louisiana weather sucks.

• Sad
Reactions: kne
@foreign0 that is horrible!
If you keep the same pool, there is a Auqu EZ Vinyl Pool Repair kit that they sell at the hardware stores, less than $10. I had 2 holes in the side of my Intex, neither were quite an inch but the stuff was amazing. Lasted 2 years before I got rid of the Intex. If the seam is busted though, probably wont fix.

I don't know about landscaping fabric at all, but all your other stuff can be re-used. It will just be a pain in the Rear. I have the locking mats too, and had gorilla taped them together. I moved the pool and the next year got a new pool and tossed them behind a shed in the elements for 10 months while we waited to put the new pool up. They made it through everything, although not in perfect condition. Where we tried to remove the tape to re-do, it ripped off some of the locking pieces, I taped those back in where I could. Definitely beat up, but it's under the water, and you can't tell.
Moving the rock will suck, I promise, but it's doable. I am someone with more time than money, so when it came time to do the new pool, we pulled back the entire perimeter of the rocks back a couple feet, prepped and leveled the ground for the next pool and then when all was done, moved those rocks back. It was hours of work, but worth it in the end. You can do it! Then after it's all done, you can relax in your pool :) Give your lot manager a dirty look while you are enjoying it too.

1621436346370.png

Reactions: Newdude
So far so good. Only been a few hours but using it with a cover. My only concern is if the tubing or the unit climbing the wall and touching the cover will cause it to fail quicker than normal.

I did have the tube fall once but that might have been user error. I checked the screen after a few hours and definitely is picking up small particles like sand that much have come out of the filter when I turned it on.

On my other (older version) intex automatic pool cleaner i used it under the cover w/out issue. I’m sure it will be fine

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.