Intex XTR legs CREAKING!

bloodfromastone

Apr 11, 2019
Buffalo, NY
Has anyone else experienced this? The legs on our new 16 x 48 creak like crazy when the kids are in the pool splashing around. It is level. All legs are plumb on their front and sides, all top rails are level. I'm not worried it's going to collapse. It's not completely full yet, but about a foot more to go, and I'm wondering if it will go away at any point because I'm not sure I'm going to be able to stand the sound all summer long.

My old Intexes and the Summer Escapes didn't creak. They moved and flexed and stood up to some pretty gnarly horseplay, but the sound of this creaking...UGH! Nails on a chalkboard. It's got to be the resin joints. Literally wondering if oiling it will stop it.

My old Intexes and the Summer Escapes didn't creak. They moved and flexed and stood up to some pretty gnarly horseplay, but the sound of this creaking...UGH! Nails on a chalkboard. It's got to be the resin joints. Literally wondering if oiling it will stop it.
The oil will degrade the plastic parts, use silicone or something plastic friendly

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.