Intex Ultraframe Liner Replacement to New Liner

Missiechick

Mar 15, 2021
Milwaukee
Hello,

I have an intext 28321EG ultraframe pool. The liner is really just a pain and not worth doing the "relining trick" with an overlap liner. We can't swallow a new pool this year, but I was able to find another 16x48 intex brand liner, new in box. Before I pull the trigger, does anyone know if the Intex Liners meant for ultraframe pools work on past models? Looking at a newer 2018 liner to use on a 2015 model. From what I can tell the only difference is exterior color. I cannot get the manual to come up online for my pool and no longer have it. I also cannot find the part number for the liner.

Thanks in advance for any insight.

Please link to what you are hoping to buy so we can better assist. Thanks!

ah yes, so they no longer have a link to the model we have. but this is the new liner. I purchased it anyhow just in case there was a run on them again this year.

I had also obtained a second pool frame the same size as ours for free last year on FB marketplace just so i could have additional parts if needed. They had the liner with theirs, ours we threw out due to a weed whacker cutting a huge hole in it when our lawn guy wasn't paying attention. Their liner was a litte rough and I didn't want to risk it actually working to do the relining trick with the overlap I've been reviewing in videos.

I would assume the amount of vertical support standards for this liner would match the amount my pool has, IE 16 supports for the 16' diameter as their chart reads. i couldn't imagine they would re-tool these pools annually.

ah yes, so they no longer have a link to the model we have. but this is the new liner. I purchased it anyhow just in case there was a run on them again this year.

I had also obtained a second pool frame the same size as ours for free last year on FB marketplace just so i could have additional parts if needed. They had the liner with theirs, ours we threw out due to a weed whacker cutting a huge hole in it when our lawn guy wasn't paying attention. Their liner was a litte rough and I didn't want to risk it actually working to do the relining trick with the overlap I've been reviewing in videos.

I would assume the amount of vertical support standards for this liner would match the amount my pool has, IE 16 supports for the 16' diameter as their chart reads. i couldn't imagine they would re-tool these pools annually.
What is interesting is the sku is just one digit off the one that is no longer available. Both say they are for Ultra Frame, so hopefully it will work. You’ve already ordered it so we wait and see!

I cant speak to your specific Intex Pool model, But I purchased a liner in 2020 for a Ultra Frame Pool (12 x 24) that I purchased back in 2015, It took me several phone calls to Intex Corp. to get verification that the new liner would fit, but eventually they came through with the information I needed. Hope this helps...

I bought an intex ultra frame replacement liner size 14x42 last summer to place on a summer waves frame. Wow it was difficult mainly due to intex changing their frame style in the “T” section. It’s now much smaller and more narrow. So it was a struggle however I made it work. Basically the liner covers the pegs that hold the summer waves frame together on the top rail. Intex doesn’t use the pegs anymore at least not for prism or ultra frame I know for sure. One other thing that could be a lot different is if your pool is old enough you may have had just one suction port but things changed for all makers and 2 suction ports were placed in liners for safety reasons. I personally plug one and I cut my liners to continue to use the large pool fittings with the plunger valves and screw on hoses using 2500gph intex pump. I’ve done it many times on many brands of liner without any issues. I just remove the nut that holds the fitting in place line it up on the outside of the liner once it has some water in it and i smooth the wrinkles out and I trace the inside of the nut with permanent marker and then get to cutting using a medical scalpel but many others use utility knives or craft cutters. The little sleeves which I call nipples lol actually make it easier to cut because you have something to grasp onto while you Actualy cut the liner. If it was me I would go for the newest liner I paid 88.50 plus tax and shipping. A lot of replacement parts are available it’s just knowing how to find them on intex website including the large pool strainer (suction) fitting. It’s there just not all in one piece like it used to be. It’s found under replacement parts for the above ground pools/metal frame /24x52/ 2016/ 28261EH/ pump/10744/threaded strainer connector link

The facing is under krystal clear filtration and sanitation/combination systems/ 2650gph for up to 15,000 gallon pools/ 2016/ 28679eg/ 10253 strainer Link:

then you need the gasket and the nut which are available under those replacements parts as well.
Hope this helps someone who doesn’t want to use 2 of the 1.25” fittings and then the T
If a new ultra frame liner will fit on a summer waves frame which is the thick oval pieces I promise they will fit any of the intex frames38ADE0D0-79FE-460B-8822-3B26FA5CBB1B.png08373ECB-EE92-49A9-A8EE-00105524DDC7.png

I concur with the above poster's experience using the new-style Intex pool liners on older pools.

After 10 years, the liner for our 18 foot round ultra-frame Intex pool was starting to disintegrate. New pools were very hard to come by during the pandemic and extremely expensive, but fortunately Intex sells replacement liners. Unfortunately, we had the old-style ultra-frame pool with the all-metal Tees and the plastic spring clips, and the new frame uses different Tees with a slightly different liner. The main liner differences are the width of the notched opening between the top loops is smaller, two small intake ports instead of one big one, the wide strap around the pool that holds the legs in has separate loop pieces that the legs go through instead of having the whole strap stretch around the legs, and the darker grey colour. None of these differences presented a problem.

After reading this thread I ordered the new liner and had a go at installing it, and it worked almost perfectly. It was slightly harder to connect the last two pieces because there's not as much room to work with to slide the horizontal cross-member into the Tee, but it wasn't too bad. I should note that many of the plastic spring clips on our frame are broken, but I assembled it without them because those are pretty much only to aid in assembly. Also, being that our pool had been up for a decade straight, even through our Canadian winter, there was some minor rust on the backside and the insides of a bunch of the legs, but I primed it with rust converter and grey primer and sprayed some rust prevention oil inside each of the legs.

The liner cost about CAD$250 with shipping, and we also ordered some new hoses and fittings to work with the new liner, rather than cutting one of the holes bigger. You have to really search around to make sure that you're getting the right parts, but they're all there, and they don't cost much at all.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.