INTEX Ultra XTR Rectangle (walls sway and move...a lot it feels like?)

cmc_vt

Jul 18, 2020
northeast (US)
New pool owner.

We *just* got into the pool today for 1st time (12 x 24 x 52, rectangle).

I know the corners are meant to provide 'give' when there is water movement but --- HOW MUCH WALL MOVEMENT is acceptable and normal?

Our pool is about .5-1" off on level (mostly due to the PTW blocks under bars) and as I watched my very active (and excited) kids swim and splash around today I was a little concerned about how much movement the pool sidewalls make. I've seen a few posts that this is expected and normal, but any INTEX owners have some more examples or specifics on how much sway/movement is normal?

Many thanks in advance...I have a 'pod' of kiddos hoping to use the pool again tomorrow and just seeking reassurance that the 'sway' is expected.

PS: will be posting my 'tips' and full experience in getting this pool set up in a few weeks and GRATEFUL for the amazing insights from this forum that guided me during the process.

I have jist a small 10 round intex, and 5 kids which 2 are waaaay too big play in it and when they get rowdy the pool rocks around and water splashes all over. The frame wobbles with the movement but holds quite well. Im sure your pool is just fine.

I'm on my second intex above ground (first was an oddly measured 7x13, the second is the same as yours) - they are designed to do what they are doing. My current moves quite a bit as well and it's fairly close to level....as long as the elbows aren't popping out it's doing what it's supposed to do. My .02 anyway (and I'm new here too)....

We have had 2 adults and 3 kids in ours. Adults had inner tubes purposely creating waves. We had water up and over every side (you loose a lot of water this way). Pool has floating corners. Even if the vinyl was to expand outwards fully, the corner pieces are still too long to fall out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.