Intex ultra frame bent leg

I have had three intex pools over the years and have never had this happen before. I do not know if something went wrong during setup or if someone pushed off the side of the pool that caused the leg to buckle. I have purchased a replacement leg but looking for ideas on how to replace it, hoping I won't have to drain the pool but thinking it may be the only safe way to get the job done. Has anyone else been through this and how did you go about fixing it?20180726_230953.jpg

The only safe way is to drain the pool and replace :) I would not try any other way, your safety is the #1 priority..

I've had 2 Ultraframe pools that lasted about 4 years each before rust got to them, but never had buckled legs. Installed a new one this summer and 2 legs have buckled on it. This is the new 2017 design. I think they made the legs weaker. BTW, where did you buy the new leg? I can't find them on Intex's site, only the previous models.

Intex is horrible about providing compatibility info on their spare parts pages. You need to call them to inquire about parts to ensure you get the correct item(s). Many parts have been redesigned over the years and they don't list older revisions or indicate this fact on the website.

I ordered the wrong legs recently after being directed by their own telephone support to their website and they refused to reimburse any shipping costs even though I ordered legs that (according to the description listed) were the only compatible option for my pool. I had to absorb the original shipping costs as well as return shipping.

Beware!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.