Intex U support leg slanted

May 27, 2020
New Hampshire
We have a 12x24 Intex rectangular pool. A landscaper excavated and leveled the area before we set it up so I’m confident the ground is level. One corner is now 1” lower than the others. I think it is due to the concrete pavers settling slightly off level slanting away from the pool. The U support leg is now slanting towards the corner.

Is there a way to fix or adjust this without draining the pool? The picture doesn’t really show the slant, fortunately it’s not too bad. I’m trying to get ahead of this before it’s a problem.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    532.4 KB · Views: 78
You need to drain the pool and use 2x6 or 2x12 pressure treated boards instead of pavers to support the legs on Intex rectangular pools.

I don't understand why the material used to support the leg is the issue here. I used pavers for my pool and had no problems. Mine stays up year round so that is the reasoning behind pavers. These pools splash out a lot, the lumber would be sitting in a puddle most of the time. Is the goal of the lumer to spread out the weight of several legs?

I used the pavers for the same reason, planning to keep it up year round. The wood would have decayed over time. I do understand that it is a vinyl AGP not designed to last forever. I also felt the 16x16x4 pavers provided a stronger base. The one U support seems to be the only one that settled. Is there a way to adjust one leg? The pavers are off level by 4 degrees slanting away from the pool. If I can push the base of the leg right (towards the corner) it might solve the problem. I have read posts about using a jack to support the pool while leveling/adjusting the legs. Doesn’t sound safe or feasible for me to try. Any other ideas?

I have read posts about using a jack to support the pool while leveling/adjusting the legs. Doesn’t sound safe or feasible for me to try. Any other ideas?

Are those posts you read talking about jacking up a rectangular pool or round pool? Has the person done it successfully or just talking?

Rectangular pools are not as structurally strong as round pools and jacking is not recommended.

Moving the base of the leg an inch to the right would most likely solve my problem, but I’m not sure how to do that. You might be able to see in the picture that the U support is not centered on the restrainer strap. The other U supports are straight and the low part is just the area supported by this U support.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    763.8 KB · Views: 40
The reason for using ground contact pressure treated boards under the leg supports on the rectangular intex pools is because the legs can crack the pavers because all the pressure is in the middle of the paver - if that happens the pool will become unlevel & a drain & reset must happen. It doesn’t happen to everyone but when it does it’s no fun! It’s something u really can’t predict.

Reactions: bjmsam

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
The reason for using ground contact pressure treated boards under the leg supports on the rectangular intex pools is because the legs can crack the pavers because all the pressure is in the middle of the paver
Also, the lumber should be oriented such that the wood grain is perpendicular to the support (the bar should cut across the grain rather than following the grain).

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.