Intex SWG

Re: Intex SWG error code 94

Hi all

I have the intex saltwater system i bought from calebalas late 2007. I misplaced the owners manual and i am getting and error code 94. The manuals they have online don't mention this code. Could anyone look in there manual and tell me what this code is?

also calbalas has a good price on this right now.

Thanks for the help
J

4boys531 said:
I have been thinking about getting a SWG and noticed Cabela's has Intex® Deluxe Saltwater Pool System Item:9IS-019531 for $114.99 (Reg: $219.99). Is this a good unit and would it keep up with my 13,500 gal pool?

That looks like the unit I have. Some people have had good luck with it (myself included), and some have had problems. It's a no-frills unit; you program in the number of hours you want it to run, and it's supposed to come on at that same time every day and run for the programmed # of hours. If you have a power failure, then you have to reprogram it. It's easy to program, but if you live in an area that gets a lot of power failures, it could become very annoying very quickly.

My pool is also 13,500 gallons, and the unit has no problem chlorinating it.

Wow - $114.99. That's tempting enough for me to get a spare. I think I paid around $180 for mine a couple years back.

My intex runs for anywhere from 2-3 hours in a 7500 gallon pool. Just wrapping up my second season with it, problem free to this point (knock on wood). Mike is right, frequent power flickers would drive you nuts remembering to re-program.

I just got one of these from Walmart for $90. I use a timer to run all of my pool equipment, I also have constant power out there. I take it I would just set the swg to the same time that I have my timer set for. What happens if the SWG were to come on before the pool pump?

sevver said:
I just got one of these from Walmart for $90. I use a timer to run all of my pool equipment, I also have constant power out there. I take it I would just set the swg to the same time that I have my timer set for. What happens if the SWG were to come on before the pool pump?
You don't want that to happen, obviously. I'm not familiar with the Intex brand but most SWGs won't come on without a detected flow of water. If that's not the case with this product I suggest putting it on the same timer as the pump... or use a sub-timer that is a slave to the main pump.

sevver said:
The thing about putting it on the same timer as the pump, is that the power is removed when the timer switches off...I could just set it to come on and go off with like a 1/2 hour leeway.
Would removing the power to the cell when the pump timer switches off be a bad thing? Your 2nd idea will work, too, unless the timers get too far out of sync.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
if you get the "new" version (the one with the copper ion new bit) then it actually have some kind of battery backup. I set mine to 2hours to test, unplugged for 2 days, plugged it back in and the 2 poped back up on the display! no idea if it just remembers the settings, or the time of day to start also, but it does at least remember somthing now.

To answer the question about running while the pump is off - it won't. It has a flow sensor, so when it detects no flow, it shuts off and goes into alarm. I'm thinking that once it does that, you have to power cycle it and reprogram it to get it to run again (at least the older unit you do) once you get the pump going again.

DigiM4x said:
Amazon has these cheap!

I am just opening my pool and put one of these on. My pool is Super Green.........wee this will be fun.

When you say Super Green, is that model name of your pool, or is your water green from algae? I ask because a SWCG isn't really intended to be used to try to shock a pool; you need a much higher level of chorine than the generator can provide. Shock with liquid chlorine, and once you get the pool all sparkly, then fire up the SWCG for your daily FC needs.

I just installed the 2009 intex 8110 along with my two 2'20' solar panels and I am loving it :party: I am so very glad I don't have to use bleach or pucks any more!!! Imho I think everyone should help us put the pool stores out of business and get yourself a swcg :lol:

Daniel

Dale.s said:
if you get the "new" version (the one with the copper ion new bit) then it actually have some kind of battery backup. I set mine to 2hours to test, unplugged for 2 days, plugged it back in and the 2 poped back up on the display! no idea if it just remembers the settings, or the time of day to start also, but it does at least remember somthing now.

In checking on this, it does NOT remember the time of day - so it while it will now remember how long to run, it will now run that amount of time at some random time based upon when it was powered up. You would still need to set it based upon the time of day you want it to run. Still a drawback for an otherwise decent little unit for the price.

it does NOT remember the time of day

It really doesn't need to! If it just came on when powered it would have been fine, and eliminated my need to install a new control system in it. They came close to getting it right! Looks like the ion generator addition made them use a smaller ECG cell, as it only puts out about half of the chlorine that it used to. :cry: Better stock up on "replacement" cells for the `09 unit, hopefully on clearance. :p

We ran our pump on a timer and not 24 hours, so if the power outage - re-energize happened in the middle of the night (thunder storms) and the Intex came back on then, it would get a low flow/no flow error and shut off until someone came to reset the unit. If this happened Thursday night while we went for a weekend camping, the pool would be green when we returned on Sunday. That is the reason having it remember the time of day and when to begin the cycle is so important. I did love my Intex unit for that price you could not beat the value - except for that one issue. Maybe OK for folks that run their pumps 24 hours. We had no reason to do that and also many reasons NOT to run the pump at night since it would cool the water running through the solar panels at night. Good luck with your Intex - we loved ours for a lot of years - except that one thing!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.