Intex SWG with Copper question.

Taterfink said:
Many of us have disconnected or removed the copper bars with no ill effects. I'm not positive but I think they are supposed to boost the chlorine production. What I've learned on here is that metals in your water is bad. Copper turns things green. Like hair and clothing. I unplugged the copper bars on my swg a year ago and all is right with the world. I plan to remove them all together as soon as I can make a trip to the hardware store.

I would be interested to know tho, are there copper components in the upper crust of salt water chlorine generators? I'm thinking not since I've never heard mention of them on this forum.

I have found where I need to unplug it. Do you need to keep it covered in case of rain or splash from the pool? I want to unplug mine but don't want to worry about water getting into the system and screwing up something.

My swg and pool pump are both covered with plastic containers to protect them from the sun, harsh weather and pool water splashing. I unplugged mine and everything seems to be fine. Thanks again Taterfink for that advice! Here's a little peek of the pool...been filled since May 2012.

IMAG1466 by puying_7, on Flickr

Another bout with storms has passed us again down here in Florida....for now anyway...here are some latest pictures (July 7, 2013) of my Intex ultra-frame, 48" x 16' pool WITHOUT those copper iods plugged in my salt water generator, thanks to the advice I got from this site - copper stains all faded, water is clear. I hope I upload these photos without any problems! :) :party:

IMAG1593 by puying_7, on Flickr

July 2013 by puying_7, on Flickr

July 2013 by puying_7, on Flickr

Thanks Taterfink! Thanks to your advice, I got rid of those nasty copper stains....now for this rainy Florida weather we've been having in my area, ugh! Today seems to be ok. Might take a little dip :) Hope all is well in your neck of the woods!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.