Intex SWG self-cleaning cycle time?

roytfp

Aug 12, 2015
Poteau, OK
I have an Intex CG-28669 for <15000gal pools which I bought on sale last fall. I understand it is self-cleaning, so I'm wondering what is the cycle time that it is programmed for polarity reversal. As most know, a short-coming for Intex SWGs is that they only remember duration, not time of day (except to start same time next day). This doesn't work for me as our power goes out momentarily about once a week it seems. I have the pump on timer. If the SWG starts back an odd time, the pump won't be running. So I put the SWG and pump on the same timer. If the polarity reversal is longer than 6 or 7 hours, and the SWG doesn't remember what the last polarity was, and resets with the timer, then it will never reverse polarity, correct? If this is the case, I may want to let the SWG run on it's own and add a UPS to keep the power on. Any information or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!

WHEN it reverves is not documented in their manual. Only that the reversal circuit exists. The newer generation (2018+ model) has a manual that shows how to program WHEN the reversal occurs.
I seem to have more calcium build up this year (after two years in running)... I am wondering if the reversal circuit in my intex is broken. I am running a balanced pool....and I have recouped the cost of the two intex unit last year..

WHEN it reverves is not documented in their manual. Only that the reversal circuit exists. The newer generation (2018+ model) has a manual that shows how to program WHEN the reversal occurs.
I seem to have more calcium build up this year (after two years in running)... I am wondering if the reversal circuit in my intex is broken. I am running a balanced pool....and I have recouped the cost of the two intex unit last year..

I’ve thought about hooking a volt meter across the DC to the plates and just observe periodically to see how often it reverses polarity. You could do same to see if yours is working. I just thought someone would know. Intex themselves (customer service) doesn’t know except what’s in the manuals.

I thought about doing this.... only when problem gets worst will I take the time. With two units,one unit seems to have faster build up... hence I suspect a faulty cleaning/reversing circuit.
I’ve thought about hooking a volt meter across the DC to the plates and just observe periodically to see how often it reverses polarity. You could do same to see if yours is working. I just thought someone would know. Intex themselves (customer service) doesn’t know except what’s in the manuals.

I have an Intex CG-28669 for <15000gal pools which I bought on sale last fall. I understand it is self-cleaning, so I'm wondering what is the cycle time that it is programmed for polarity reversal. As most know, a short-coming for Intex SWGs is that they only remember duration, not time of day (except to start same time next day). This doesn't work for me as our power goes out momentarily about once a week it seems. I have the pump on timer. If the SWG starts back an odd time, the pump won't be running. So I put the SWG and pump on the same timer. If the polarity reversal is longer than 6 or 7 hours, and the SWG doesn't remember what the last polarity was, and resets with the timer, then it will never reverse polarity, correct? If this is the case, I may want to let the SWG run on it's own and add a UPS to keep the power on. Any information or suggestions are welcome. Thanks!
Did you ever figure out the reversal cycle timing?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.