Intex SF80110 Pump Low PSI on Filter Mode Only

peterbwf2

Sep 3, 2020
FL
18x52 Intex XTR Pool with SF 80110 Pump has been installed for about 3 months. In the past couple of weeks the PSI has dropped off to approx 2.5 in Filter Mode only.

If I switch to Backwash or Rinse, the PSI is still approx 6. I've checked the filter basket, impeller, intex skimmer and all pump connections but everything seems good. I backwashed and rinsed also.

Is this likely a defective pump or could there be something else going on?

Thanks

Did u check your hoses for debris/leaks? Remove the multi port valve & check that all is well?
If all looks good I would call intex w/ a warranty claim or try to return/exchange it for a new one. may be a bad mpv.

Thanks for the advice! No algae issues to speak of. I have not found any significant debris beyond the intex skimmer basket so it seems like that's been doing a good job.

I checked and tightened all hoses and no issues there. I have not opened up the multiport yet, so I'll open that up and make sure everything looks good in there before calling intex.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.