Intex Sand Filter Pump Gauge leaking

Aug 2, 2015
tulsa, ok
Getting my pool going for the summer. My gauge is leaking where it connects and also through the view window. Thought about replacing the whole pump but they have skyrocketed in price. What would be the best adhesive or sealant to fix? Thanks

If it were just leaking at the threads where it screws it, we might suggest some Teflon tape. But if it's leaking our of the glass or housing, you'll need to replace the gauge. Problem is I think those Intex gauges might use their own proprietary sized gauges .... I think. Not positive. Can you post a pic of the gauge?

Thanks for your great reply. In assuming the Intex gauge is the same as all their other products (as you suggested) proprietary, I was finally able to find on their site and order one. Getting it in maybe two weeks. Due to how slow they ship and their COVID statement.

In the meantime, I noticed the original had teflon tape that was mostly gone. By providence I only knew of teflon tape because I just ordered a shower filter that included it. Since my boyfriend installed that without the tape and it’s working fine, I’ve wrapped my gauge with it. I also superglued around the lens. Will install in the am to see how this works out as a temp measure.

As a very non-mechanical female your suggestion showed I’m possibly on the right track. And YouTube vids sure help.

Reactions: Texas Splash
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.