Intex Saltwater Cell/Filter ECO20110-1

audiokat

Jul 2, 2019
Nashville
This might be too specific for this forum but I can't seem to find a specifically intex forum. I have this ECO20110-1 saltwater cell/filter. It has a daily timer feature which is handy enough however I only need to fun the cell about 8 hours a day while I really need to run the filter more. I could run a simple plug timer that would cut power to the unit and turn it back on twice per day. However that would also reset the saltwater cell making it run more two times as well.

In an ideal world I would run it 14-16 hours per day. I know it's more than intex recommends but I would rather cut the filters life in half and run it double time.

Why do you need to run the filter for so long? Do you get a lot of debris falling into the pool?

Chemistry keeps the water clear. Filtering removes stuff that falls into the pool.

Reactions: B A Doe
That's the one thing I dislike about the intex combo. I have only a 12 foot pool and just need the swg to run for 3 hours to keep my FC where it needs to be, but would like to run the filter a bit more. I do sometimes switch the pump to filter only, but I don't know of a way to switch back and forth except manually.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.