Intex pump shaft seal

170flier

Mar 30, 2021
Northern Illinois
Can anyone tell me if there is a replacement pump shaft seal that is available for an Intex pool pump, model SF60110? It started to leak at the end of last season and I just pulled it apart and found the spring is broken, so the entire shaft seal will have to be replaced. TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpg
    IMG_4300.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_4299.jpg
    IMG_4299.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 25
If you have a digital caliper you could measure the shaft and the seal and find one that fits :)

Thanks to all for the help. I had called Inyo Pools and they said they cannot get a seal for this pump. I also took measurements of the impeller, since this is where the seal presses on. At the base of the impeller shaft, it is 0.4545" or 11.55mm diameter, and at the end of the impeller it is 0.4280" or 10.87mm. I also called US Seal and gave them several other dimensions and they are looking into it, but were not too optimistic that they would have anything. It appears from what I have been hearing is that these are disposable pumps, when it goes bad, toss it and buy a new one.

Reactions: cowboycasey
That is the unfortunate truth. The fortunate truth is that you can buy a standard above ground pool pump and adapt the fittings on the pool so you can use it successfully. A standard pump will last longer and parts are usually easy to find.

Hi I have an Intex sf90220-1 pump and I found the shaft seal on Amazon. I can put up a link if you want. So I've completely stripped down the whole pump and found a rubber disk in-between the impeller housing and the motor that seems to be causing alot of friction. Any ideas why?

Reactions: Tori_8890
Welcome to TFP :)

That will help many people on the forum.. I wish I could tell you what the rubber disk was for...

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Welcome to TFP :)

That will help many people on the forum.. I wish I could tell you what the rubber disk was for...
I'll take a photo of it tonight when I strip it back down but it seems to sit on the impeller after the shaft seal. I'm assuming it's some sort of splash guard if the shaft seal fails but at the moment it's causing my pump to fail.

Reactions: cowboycasey
I've taken all the load off of the shaft and it runs fine. When the impeller is back on with shaft seal and that rubber disk, it really struggles and burns out. Is it possible a bearing is playing up and struggling under pressure? I checked both and they seem fine

Hey all ! I have a Intex sf60110-2 sand filter pump. I just replaced the bearings on the motor. Runs and is now quiet with no load . When I put everything back together the motor wants to run but can't, the impeller tightens up on the shaft and won't let the motor turn , Anybody know what's up with this. I could be out riding motorcycle instead of messing with this pool.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.