Intex pump shaft seal

170flier

Mar 30, 2021
Northern Illinois
Can anyone tell me if there is a replacement pump shaft seal that is available for an Intex pool pump, model SF60110? It started to leak at the end of last season and I just pulled it apart and found the spring is broken, so the entire shaft seal will have to be replaced. TIA.

Attachments

• IMG_4300.jpg
    IMG_4300.jpg
    445.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4299.jpg
    IMG_4299.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_3680.jpg
    IMG_3680.jpg
    352.2 KB · Views: 3

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
Your best bet is to contact Inyo pools, but don't be surprised if there is not a seal available for this pump.

cowboycasey

Gold Supporter
LifeTime Supporter
TFP Guide
Jul 3, 2013
Southern OK
If you have a digital caliper you could measure the shaft and the seal and find one that fits :)

170flier

Mar 30, 2021
Northern Illinois
Thanks to all for the help. I had called Inyo Pools and they said they cannot get a seal for this pump. I also took measurements of the impeller, since this is where the seal presses on. At the base of the impeller shaft, it is 0.4545" or 11.55mm diameter, and at the end of the impeller it is 0.4280" or 10.87mm. I also called US Seal and gave them several other dimensions and they are looking into it, but were not too optimistic that they would have anything. It appears from what I have been hearing is that these are disposable pumps, when it goes bad, toss it and buy a new one.

Reactions: cowboycasey

zea3

Mod Squad
TFP Expert
LifeTime Supporter
Jul 10, 2009
Houston, Texas
That is the unfortunate truth. The fortunate truth is that you can buy a standard above ground pool pump and adapt the fittings on the pool so you can use it successfully. A standard pump will last longer and parts are usually easy to find.

170flier

Mar 30, 2021
Northern Illinois
I think that's the way I'm going to go. Get a pool pump and sand filter from a name brand company so parts are readily available. Is there any preference as to brands to stick with? Seems like Raypak, Pentair, and Hayward are the big ones.