intex pump replacement

Jweers

May 9, 2021
Idaho
so, I have an intex pump / sand filter (sf60110-1). has about a 1/2 hp motor on the pump. the pump leaks at the sleeve seal and so is probably a candidate for replacement.
I called INYOpools (who helpfully tells me they don't sell anything that is in any way compatible with intex, and they tell me in such a way that I'm guessing there's an interesting story, but not a fundamental incompatibility with the pumps.

so. wondering if I get a pure line 1.5hp dual speed pump (PL1507) and run it on LOW speed, if that produces just about the right pressure and gpm to run my sand filter. low speed is around .4 hp
and then I'd just have to fab up some connectors from the new pump to the intex hoses.

can anyone confirm my thought process here?

(pool 9x19x5 intex, somewhere around 5000 gallons)

well... two speed above ground pump in place. on low speed it works BEAUTIFULLY... and almost silently.
the 2500 GPH intex sand filter works just fine and at a slightly lower pressure than with the intex pump.
water flow looks to be very close to the same.

I've run PVC piping to replace all the intex flexible hose. the transition between the two was super simple with a trip to Home Depot.
1621955426904.png
I got a bunch of reducer bushings like this where the intex hose collar fit and then sized the PVC for the inner diameter. a bit of sanding and it's a beautiful watertight and about $2 cost to move from intex to PVC...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.