Intex pump FRIED help please!

Hi all,
I have a 20 ft metal intex pool with a sand filter\pump combination upgrade i bought. Trying to get it started for the summer and the pump is FRIED! It was flooded with a flood we had this winter. Weve already tried replacing the plug and no go still. My question is i have called pool companies and they say i can't replace just the pump because it would be too strong for my filter. Has anyone done this or know what kind i can use to do it? The filter was good last year and i hate to pay to replace it. I have the intex sf60110 which says it filters 16,000 gal but camt find a hp on it. Thank you for any help!

What is actually fried? When you say pump I assume you mean the motor only?

Changing the motor won't change the pump flow rate since that is based on the existing impeller design. Motor mainly needs to have enough hp and turn at same rpm.

Intex lists it as 6amp so just under 1 hp. Flows 2480gph. They list a -1 revision as 4.8 amps so about 3/4 hp. That one flows 3000gph. Does either one sound like yours? Half, 3/4 and one hp motors are common. A electric shop should be able to repair or replace. Alternately does intex sell just the motor?

Last edited:
The 6amp flow of 2480gph is ours Wheni say fried, it wont turn on and there is rust inside on the board. We replaced the gfci plug thinking it was just that but still had no power to it. It wont turn on at all. Can i replace just the pump with another 1hp pump off amazon or somewere or would i be better finding an electric shop to fix it?

"Not turning" on and "rust on the circuit board" doesn't mean a new motor will fix the problem. I don't know enough about the intex to say what the board does or what else they may have in their system that could have failed due to the water. Unless you know exactly what has failed you could spent a lot trying to fix. $160 for new might not be so bad.

"Not turning" on and "rust on the circuit board" doesn't mean a new motor will fix the problem. I don't know enough about the intex to say what the board does or what else they may have in their system that could have failed due to the water. Unless you know exactly what has failed you could spent a lot trying to fix. $160 for new might not be so bad.
As a retired electric motor repair person, I would advise replacement of the pump motor versus repair. Rates for motor repair in our area are probably at about $85 an hour.

Reactions: southblessings
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.