Intex pump and sand filter combo - what can I use to replace the hose connecting them?

Hello there in SAC! :wave: Take a look at these two videos. Hopefully they still work. They used to show some good PVC ideas. You can also search from the top of our webpage and should see quite a few other AGP builds and plumbing ideas. I'll try to cut & paste more later if I can find them.

Reactions: setsailsoon
Everything was hard plumbed except that hose that worked. It developed a leak lately. Tried to hard plumb with pvc but I cannot get a curve to match one end to the other. Ended up with a flexible coupling but I don't like how it looks: here's the one I used Is there anything else I can use? Thank you.

Do you have pics of your setup? You could use flexible PVC like they use on Hot Tubs or Spas. You should be able to get it from a local Hot Tub supply. I know on my setup I just needed a 90* elbow to connect pump to filter.

20190313_193410.jpg20190313_193410.jpg Thank you for the videos. I tried searching but didn't find these. The first video has some kind of flexible hose connecting pump and filter but I cannot see what it is. The second vid mentions 1.5 flexible pvc, and it looks like it might work. Is this what I need? link And what connectors do I use to make it work with regular pvc?

Yep, that's it! Just get enough (with a couple extra coupler fittings) to where you can swap it out if you don't like your first attempt. Try to make a clean/straight cut on that hose so that it fits flush in the PVC fitting and for the glue to grab well.

Reactions: setsailsoon
If it were me I would redo the whole pipe between the pump and filter. You can get new parts and just cut down the coupling that is circled so the pipe is at a 90* so you don't need the flexible part. It looks like it wouldn't take much, 1/8" - 3/16" on either side should do it.20190313_193410.jpg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.