Intex Pump and Pool combo. This should be okay,right

Windwalker

Jun 25, 2020
RDU
So finally got the new 15x48 set up, after some weather and grading delays
Currently using the pump that came with it. Have had Intex in the past and always upgraded the pump

Planning to go with Sand and Saltwater on this one
Bigger pump is already set-up, waiting to add the 85# of glass and 140 pounds of salt.

The new Pump is the Intex EC021110-2(2150GPH)
Looking in the setup instructions-Intex Pools Salt Table
the combo of my pump and circular metal pool(15x48) has a hash mark(implies not suited) however there is pounds of salt number for the smaller 1600GPH pump(110#)
Never heard of possibly having too much pump- is that even a thing?

Further in the instruction manual there is a salt table for common non-intex pools, which says a 15x48 would need around 125# salts

No reason not to use this 2150GPH pump with my 15x48 pool is there?

Have already installed the larger outlet jet and will be doing a through the wall skimmer

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_20200701_103403.jpg
    IMG_20200701_103403.jpg
    284 KB · Views: 9
Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome to TFP! :wave: One time when you can have too much pump is if it overrated for the filter, but if you got the Intex combo I don't see that as an issue. I don't recall if that model is a 2-speed, but if it is then on low speed you are definitely fine.

Reactions: Windwalker
Welcome to TFP! :wave: One time when you can have too much pump is if it overrated for the filter, but if you got the Intex combo I don't see that as an issue. I don't recall if that model is a 2-speed, but if it is then on low speed you are definitely fine.
Thanks Splash
Single Speed, pool capacity is around 5000 gallons-which is inline with the specs for the pump

By the way, I would add salt in increments rather than all at once. Easier to add more than to drain because you added too much.

Reactions: Windwalker
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.