Intex lack of stock...

i have a ladder in pool from the past 2 years. i have all the stuff i need from my previous pool. i already had pump and thru wall skimmer, and i had it all hard plumbed. the only accessory i am using from this new pool will be the 1200 gallon sand pump and filter. will be running my water sprinkler. i think i am going to put the rest up for sale on craigslist and offerup. no kids just me and my wife. here is what i had the past 2 years
pool pic6.jpg

Reactions: splashpad
What is the difference between the regular Ultra Frame and the Ultra Frame XTR? I see the XTR pools being displayed on amazon but no reviews yet. What are the differences?

Last edited:
What is the difference between the regular Ultra Frame and the Untra Frame XTR? I see the XTR pools being displayed on amazon but no reviews yet. What are the differences?
According to the box it has a 50% stronger liner and 53% stronger frame. Plus a 2 year warranty. Wonder if that includes the use of a SWG.

Our Intex Ultra Frame only lasted 2 1/2 seasons. The posts were so rusted from covering it in the winter it was not safe.

Reactions: thefloatqueen
Are they more expensive? When does intex actually have pools available for sale on their website? All of them say unavailable. Ugh! I want to buy now lol
We're on our 3rd season with Summerscapes (walmart special, heehee) and no visible rust, we add salt for comfort...
Do you have a brand preference? Or just availability? (I know I've asked before, just curious)

No preference as long as it is high quality and can be used with a larger filter than it comes with. I like the Intex Krystal Clear 16” sand filter pump. Would it be compatible with the brands you named? Thanks!!

Reactions: splashpad

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
No preference as long as it is high quality and can be used with a larger filter than it comes with. I like the Intex Krystal Clear 16” sand filter pump. Would it be compatible with the brands you named? Thanks!!
Any of the vinyl AGP pools are easy to upgrade pump/filter.
The only thing we had to do was enlarge the fitting openings (very easy with exacto blade) as the intex fittings were slightly larger than the included fittings. And we upgraded to a proper skimmer, so we could vacuum to filter (not the garden hose method) :) That was a 5"x6" square we cut into the vinyl ;) (mount the skimmer box first, THEN cut it out :D )
pool.jpg

i kept waiting for some online companies to get some stock. when i saw that the XTR showed up on Amazon, i just jumped on it. I went ahead and got it because it said the liner was stronger and poles were stronger and more rust resistant. maybe Intex finally heard what everybody on here has been saying about poles rusting out quickly. i have not unpacked anything yet to see if there are any physical looking differences. as soon as i unpack i will post some pics. this will be my first intex, previously i have had a Summer Escapes, and a Coleman

I think I’m gonna bite and get the 18’ x 52 XTR. I just need to check for stumps and make sure none are in the way of where the pool leveling will be taking place. There’s only one I’m worried about but I need to actually measure the area before choosing a pool. *facepalm*

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.