Intex intake plunger valve spitting water from knob on top

Depends on what I am blocking. Now, keep in mind that this is what valves are for, but if the valve is wonky and you need to temporarily block water flow to fix, it could work. With my skimmer, I removed skimmer basket, put several large beach pebbles (too large to fit through hose) into a plastic bag, and put in skimmer. The weight of the water on top of the bag of pebbles made a seal.

For my return, I knotted a plastic bag and jammed it into the eyeball. It expanded and while I still had some water trickling, it didn’t keep me from working on the connection.

Think I'm following along with what you're saying, Kelly, thanks.

So update, went with the WaterWeld since it has water in the name :p made a nice little cap out of it on that air valve thing. The packaging says it sets in 25 minutes and cures in an hour, I'm guessing I should wait the hour and then try to run the filter again to see if it holds up? or should i let it run longer? I've already ran the filter for 8 hours today so don't necessarily have to run it. But so far after a few minutes, it hasn't leaked yet so guess that's a good sign?

And use the regular epoxy not that WaterWeld stuff?

So how exactly do you do a plastic bag to block it? Do you unhook the skimmer basket hose and jam the bag into the part sticking out inside the pool the hose hooks to?
I wouldnt mess with that thing at all. As stated before in the thread, that valve is used for the return line and where you are leaking water out is a valve meant to add aeration and bubbles to the stream of water as it enters the pool. Looked like someone posted a link for the right intake valve on amazon, i would buy that and be done with it.

if your epoxy doesn't work just some tape will do it. if that is an older valve it was a pressure RELEASE valve, if a newer one it is, as mentioned, a stupid gimmick to aerate the return water. either way it needs to be blocked. if I was doing epoxy I would take the little knob off and fill it from the inside and I would do it all dry. when mine leaked, a piece of electric tape pretty much stopped it. at the time (several years ago) I ordered just the small part, not the whole valve for a few bucks and of course $10 shipping from intex. *eye roll*

Reactions: rj2222
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.