Intex Drain Adapter

octanefam

LifeTime Supporter
Jan 11, 2015
Puyallup, WA
For us unlucky Intex owners that have to drain and put our pools away until next spring need some help on the draining of the pool. So as most of you know this is our first run with a pool so I just assumed when I saw the drain on the outside of the pool that I will would be able to simply put my garden hose on it and let it drain. Oh no Intex has some special adapter that I have to get in order to use my garden hose..... Anyway has anyone made one of these adapters? We were hoping to get it drained this weekend but if I have to buy one online I guess we are waiting. So if there is a way I would appreciate some help from you pros:)

If the main goal is to empty the pool (rather than to figure out how to get the adapter), you could just siphon the water out, using a garden hose, or something larger caliber, like a pool vacuum hose.

If the Intex fitting is like the garden hose drain point on the Summer Escape pools we've had, it would leave you with a couple inches of water in the pool, even if you do figure out how to attach the hose... And then you probably have to resort to some other approach - like siphoning - to get those last couple inches out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.