Intex Automatic Pool Cleaner

Braven05

May 25, 2020
NY
Hi there,
New here. We have a 15'x48" Intex steel frame pool. This one came with 1.25" hoses and has a smaller water return. We recently bought a sand filter and use adapters to fit the smaller hoses to the pump. Purchased an Intex Automatic Pool cleaner but the gray part that holds the micro basket doesn't screw on to the return, the return threads are too big I think. It fits on the return that came with the pump but that doesn't fit in the hole so we're using the old one. Does anyone know of an adapter that will allow us to connect the cleaner to the return?

"05", I hate to see a question sitting for so long with no reply, so I just had to chime-in to see if you ever got your cleaner fitting issue resolved? If not, please post back as much as needed so that another member who may have encountered the same issue will see your post and reply. Use this thread as much as needed.

"05", I hate to see a question sitting for so long with no reply, so I just had to chime-in to see if you ever got your cleaner fitting issue resolved? If not, please post back as much as needed so that another member who may have encountered the same issue will see your post and reply. Use this thread as much as needed.
We have taken this over to this thread...

Hi there,
New here. We have a 15'x48" Intex steel frame pool. This one came with 1.25" hoses and has a smaller water return. We recently bought a sand filter and use adapters to fit the smaller hoses to the pump. Purchased an Intex Automatic Pool cleaner but the gray part that holds the micro basket doesn't screw on to the return, the return threads are too big I think. It fits on the return that came with the pump but that doesn't fit in the hole so we're using the old one. Does anyone know of an adapter that will allow us to connect the cleaner to the return?
I have a 16 x 48 Intex steel frame pool also. Save yourself a lot of time and aggravation and upgrade the return and discharge on your pool. Buy a Hayward thru the wall return and install it. There are a lot of videos on line showing how to do it. When you buy it you will also get the discharge port to return water to the pool. This should fit the reinforced opening with no modification. When you have done this everything will be 1.5 hose. If your filter has a 3/4 horse motor buy a lady bug aquadroid auto vacuum. Your pool maintenance will be cut in half. I will send you pictures of my set up if you want. Also I just connected the two original return ports to each other with a hose. Let me know how it works out! Good luck!!
Tommy P

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.