Intex Auto Pool Cleaner: how do i connect to a standard return?

kellyfair,
Here are a couple pictures of my pool plumbing. I didn't get the SWG in the picture (you can see it peeking out from behind the filter) but it also will disconnect from the return lines and from the filter.
The line dropping off the back of the filter is the backwash line. I recently dug a trench and laid PVC for the discharge out to the street so I wouldn't have to mess with 100 feet of hose when I backwash the filter.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg. image.jpg

image.jpg

Okay, here's what I've found and it works like a charm!
I found this adapter on the internet, went to my local pool supply store and they had it! They didn't have the 2 pack in stock. Only the package in the picture on my table. I didn't need the cone shaped one but this was the only combo they had in stock.
It has the correct threads for the standard return fitting and also for the intex vacuum on the other end.

I am attaching pictures.

View attachment 80159
View attachment 80160
View attachment 80161
View attachment 80162

ur lucky! my local pool supply carries nothing to help the intex users like us. Pool store is useless unless i want the standard stuff like chemicals etc

MirellaJoe, Google is my best friend. That's how I found that adapter. The local pool store owner is smart enough to realize that more and more people are setting up intex pools. I do try to support local stores as much as possible. However sometimes they simply price themselves out of the market. Amazon is another great friend.

So the adapters for sure worked? I have the adapters but didn't want to buy the cleaner if it wouldn't work!

Okay, here's what I've found and it works like a charm!
I found this adapter on the internet, went to my local pool supply store and they had it! They didn't have the 2 pack in stock. Only the package in the picture on my table. I didn't need the cone shaped one but this was the only combo they had in stock.
It has the correct threads for the standard return fitting and also for the intex vacuum on the other end.

I am attaching pictures.

View attachment 80159
View attachment 80160
View attachment 80161
View attachment 80162

Yes, it worked for me. One end screws into a standard fitting and an intex nut screws onto the other end (shown in one of my pics).
Rather than order online, I suggest checking with your local pool store. I know, we try to avoid these places but, sometimes they have what we need. Also, if need be, it'd be easier to return.

I bought this...

I found out that if you put the end of the cleaner's hose into HOT water, and let it get hot, you can force the hose onto the barbed fitting. You don't even need a clamp once it cools off, it isn't coming off without another heat treatment.

Right now, I have NO intex plumbing parts in, or for my pool. Everything is standard AGP.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.