Intex after 3 years up taken down

cfherrman

TFP Guide
May 10, 2017
Hays, Kansas
This gave me a sad face after pulling the liner out. Pools been up for 3 years and given a lot of enjoyment but the liner is pretty close to being done from the sun. The frame however I'd in excellent shape with no rust spots inside, and I got this pool used! We are probably get a used permanent solid wall ago for next year, if that falls through I will be putting this pool back up with xps foam and fix some install errors.

Note I do not see how people can take these down and put them up every year.

As long as the frame is in good shape and the liner integrity at the top rail is good, you could buy a regular above ground pool overlap liner and install it over the original liner. We have several threads documenting the process. Here is one:

3 years ago a new liner was $250, unsure if they still carry it.

I want a "real" agp though, the used ones go around $500 here. If I find one I'm gonna sell my Intex for $50 lol

I had a 15' x48 Intex last year and it was fairly easy to put up and take down.

We paid over $4k for everything for a 15x24 54" AGP and I'll be brutally honest. If you think putting up and taking down an Intex anything is hard you DO NOT want to put up a rigid wall pool.

I'll quote a Rush song that best explains the instructions. An ounce of perception and a pound of obscure.

I'm amazed you didn't have rust. My little 12 foot intex had 2 legs rust completely through by end of 2nd season. I took it down a few weeks ago and it was covered in rust and holes. It went to the dump! The quality of these pools must be really inconsistent. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

I'm amazed you didn't have rust. My little 12 foot intex had 2 legs rust completely through by end of 2nd season. I took it down a few weeks ago and it was covered in rust and holes. It went to the dump! The quality of these pools must be really inconsistent. Best of luck with whatever you decide.

If the paint is totally intact no rust. If it has even one tiny imperfection you get rust and the paint flakes off making more rust.

The quality of the pools is insane considering the cost.

Old pool, brother had it two years in storage before me, he got it at a garage sale, so at least 6 years old at a minimum.

That's awesome! That's why I think the quality control must be inconsistent; some people have these pools for years and others have rust after a season. I bought a new intex and before I put it up I'm going to spray it with rustoleum, especially the inside of the rails since they aren't coated with anything. I hope that will help extend its life. I'd love to get 6+ years out of it.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I think a year or do they cut quality, probably in the paint because you used to not see rust problems left and right, now you do.

If I had a new Intex I would cost the insides with paint, put something in the top rail joints to keep water out, and drill holes in the feet so water could drain out.

I rather spend $500 on a used permanent pool plus $150 for a liner though. Hopefully I can find a 27' as the huge 24 can get small at birthday parties

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.