Intex 2650

Jul 12, 2017
Wakefield
I have an Intex 2650, first season with a sand filter. Working great. However, when my gauge is green, but close to yellow, I backwash, water comes out dirty then clear, but when I return the filter in the "filter" position, some of the filter trash or residue washes back in the pool after start up. After experiencing this the first time, I let the filter start with the hose disconnected from the pool and run in the grass to keep the stuff from running back in the pool. Is this normal? Am I missing something? When I filled the sand, I followed directions, so I feel comfortable with the appropriate level of sand. Any ideas?

When I had my Intex Sandfilter system I found that I needed to rinse for at least 60 seconds otherwise I would always find a bit of filter sand and debris returning to the pool after a backwash.

Backwash until the water is running fully clear, than rinse for 60 seconds.

I believe that with my previous 14” Intex sandfilter I would backwash for 2-1/2 minutes, then rinse for at least 60 seconds.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.