Intex 18'x52" - need non Intex liner option?

GregN

Jun 18, 2015
Central NJ
Hi Folks - So I'm hoping the vast knowledge base here at TFP can help me solve my problem. I have had an Intex Ultra Frame Round Pool that measures 18' diameter x 52" high for about 6 or seven years. Its been customized with the Hayward skimmer, hard plumbed, and have upgraded the pump. The last 2 or 3 years I've had multiple pin holes show up at the bottom of pool or just above seam and got tired of locating them and patching them so decided last year, when taking the pool down, that I would start this year with a new liner. When I dissasembled the pool for winter storage, I cut up the old liner and saved the bottom part of to use a "pool pad/mat" for the new liner.

The problem is that while Intex currently lists the replacement liner on their website for my pool, it has been "out of stock" for the last several weeks. Additionally, it appears that 18x52" ultra frame pool set (pool liner, pump, frame, etc.) is no longer being available, for sale, on the INtex website. The pool set is available on Amazon, including an older kit, as well as newer kit.

I have contact Intex customer service to ask them if this item will be available in the future, and they were of NO HELP AT ALL. They couldn't provide with any answers as to when it might become available, or if it ever would be! All they could tell me was that it was not in stock. I asked politely to speak with a supervisor, and was told they can't transfer calls.

So, assuming I cannot purchase a direct replacement from Intex, do I have any options of purchasing a non Intex liner to work with my existing Intex frame?
Will Coleman pools fit my frame?
Do they make replacement liners to fit my pool frame that do not require the old liner to be in place?

My pool season is slipping away from me and my kids want to swim! I'm all ears to any options or advice.

Thanks for your help,
Greg

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.