Intex 16x48 Ultra Frame, are they not made? Coleman as replacement? Help..

slc71

Jul 1, 2011
We purchased a Intex Ultra Frame about 4 years ago and it has been great, but it is time to replace it. Intex does not even show this pool as an option anymore..
My question is since I have a 3000gph pump and saltwater system that was purchased last year. So would it be ok to purchase the Coleman 16x48?
It almost looks exactly like the Intex Ultra Frame.
I need to stay with the 16x48 since there is a deck built around half of my current pool.
Suggestions?

We purchased a Intex Ultra Frame about 4 years ago and it has been great, but it is time to replace it. Intex does not even show this pool as an option anymore..
My question is since I have a 3000gph pump and saltwater system that was purchased last year. So would it be ok to purchase the Coleman 16x48?
It almost looks exactly like the Intex Ultra Frame.
I need to stay with the 16x48 since there is a deck built around half of my current pool.
Suggestions?

I just bought the 16 by 48 Intex about a month ago. Got it from Amazon.

Wow, do i feel stupid...
I did another search and found it. My first search it was saying unavailable everywhere..
Now i am on another path of comparing all the other 16x48 pool brands to Intex.
Example, the Summer Escape Elite pool is only $277.00 at Menards.

I don’t know anything about the other brands, sorry! Definitely read up on reviews!

Beware of the brands that have the pump mounted into the bottom of a through the wall skimmer. Not that's there's anything inherently wrong with them, but you won't be able to hook up your Intex pump and filter without an adapter.

We had our first Intex 16x48 for 5 years... only got a new on last year because the liner was so faded the bottom was white. There were only a couple of tiny rust spots on a few poles. The new Intex we purchased last year had rust all over it within 30 days of setting it up. Intex's customer service said if just one or two poles had rust, they would replace them, but since more than half of the poles had rust we were out of luck. By the end of the summer (3 months later) when we took down the pool, the poles are so rusted the pool could not be reassembled this year. Their quality has really gone downhill in the last 5 years. We had always spoke highly of the Intex Ultraframe pools and encouraged friends/family to purchase them, but now we have no brand loyalty after our experience with Intex's warranty department... We purchased a Coleman 18x48 this year.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.