Intermittent Blower ?

egiblock

May 23, 2019
Ohio
I have an H100ID1 and was wondering what would cause the blower motor to stop spinning? It was running this weekend and at some point just stopped, thus stopping the gas and turning it off. I've checked the motor itself and it seems to be spinning fine without issue. Could it be the Air Pressure Switch that is causing the problem? any other thoughts?

I think this is your manual https://www.hayward-pool.com/assets/documents/pools/pdf/manuals/H-series-H100ID1-ABG1001.pdf Air pressure switch should only only drop out the burners. Refer to figure 6 schematic diagram on page 7. Either the blower is losing power in the circuit through the power switch, thermostat,water pressure switch or speed switching thermostat due to safety drop out or deteriorated contacts overheating or mechanical failure to complete the contact switching on the speed switching thermostat. If you have continuous power to the blower, I would suspect failing bearings on the blower motor are seizing.

Just saw a previous post where you were told that you have a 24 volt circuit on your system. This seems to be incorrect as I am looking at a straight 120 volt system including the gas valve!!!! Be very careful if you are using a multimeter and standing in a wet spot!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.