Intermatic Timers: Clocks not working

SBond530

May 21, 2020
Auburn, CA
I know, you've seen it before, but I haven't found a solution. I have two timers, one for the filter and one for the sweep. The filter pump was replaced w a VFD a few years ago and I'm wondering if they wired the timers incorrectly. The clocks haven't functioned properly for quite a while, but I can't be sure when they stopped working.
Today I replaced both timers, assuming they were faulty, and rewired them exactly as before. In this photo, the filter is the left timer (which isn't used as the the drive is programmable) and the sweep is the right. The only change to the wiring I did later in the afternoon was to wire the sweep clock to the sweep timer, not as it was previously - to the filter timer. The sweep works when I use the Off/On switch, but the clock doesn't run. Could I have somehow fried both clocks?
IMG_1787.jpg

What is the model number of those timer mechanisms?

Last edited:
O
Oh, I like that. Could I have fried the clocks? I guess I'll find out. Heading outside to do it now. Thanks!

So, add a wire like this, but to both timers?
View attachment 140782
OK. The two timers I bought at the Depot had 110V clocks, whereas the originals had 208V. I wired one clock correctly and it didn't run, so I guess I fried it. Oddly, I tested one of the 208 clocks and it seemed to run where it didn't before (which is why this all started). I'll replace clocks and report back. Thanks for the help.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.