Intermatic T104 issue

SLackuR

Oct 29, 2019
Placentia, CA
Hi, I have an intermatic T104 pool timer and I have some issues I cant figure out. I set the clock and it seems to be keeping time acurately, there are currently no trippers installed, the manual overide is always in the ON position, but the pool pump only comes on a 6am and runs for 4 hrs and turns off. When I move the override to the OFF position, it sounds like it shuts off the power to the clock. (The ticking stops). I havent been able to actually turn on the pump manually.

This is a new to me house with my first pool so I dont know much about the setup. The timer seems so simple after reading the manual but I cant figure out what's going on.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you.

Hi there SLackuR :). welcome to TFP

I wonder if you actually have a variable speed pump with its own built in timer, and your intermatic timer is for a SWG or something?
Can you tell us, or show us a pic of your equipment??

Maddie :flower:

S,

If there are no trippers (dogs) installed on the timer, and the pump automatically turns on and off, something must be controlling the pump.. Like Maddie, I suspect that you have a VS pump with an internal timer.. If not, then you have another timer somewhere..

Thanks,

Jim R.

I think they upgraded the pump to a Variable Speed pump and used the electical connection that ran through the timer and just took off the toggles so the timer never turned the pump off.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.