Intermatic T104 - double timer - replaced motors but dial still not turning

BamaUSAF

Apr 3, 2023
Wetumpka, Alabama
Timers were installed 2011 on new pool - they stopped working long ago, and did not feel wheels moving on motor so replaced both. Only wheels furthest from dial are moving on new motor (maybe that is normal?) - I did not feel them moving at first so I took one of the motors off and watched it with power - the back two wheels are moving - now when I poke finger in the polaris timer I feel same two wheels moving. When I button all up - the yellow dials do not move. I am unable to move dial without pulling out normal to set time, so seems spring is OK. If I need to replace whole mechanism I will do - just odd that both are the same - am I doing something wrong?

The gears tend to wear out. I have not heard of anyone repairing worn out timers.

I suggest you replace the whole mechanism.

Timers were installed 2011 on new pool - they stopped working long ago, and did not feel wheels moving on motor so replaced both. Only wheels furthest from dial are moving on new motor (maybe that is normal?) - I did not feel them moving at first so I took one of the motors off and watched it with power - the back two wheels are moving - now when I poke finger in the polaris timer I feel same two wheels moving. When I button all up - the yellow dials do not move. I am unable to move dial without pulling out normal to set time, so seems spring is OK. If I need to replace whole mechanism I will do - just odd that both are the same - am I doing something wrong?
Not that unusual for both timers in a dual-clock set-up to quit at the same time, or very closely. They both have run the same amount of hours and been subject to the same climate conditions. I learned many years ago to always at least suggest to a customer both be replaced when one quit. That way there was only the cost of one service call to get them both done. Twelve years is not a bad life for pool equipment now.

Not that unusual for both timers in a dual-clock set-up to quit at the same time, or very closely. They both have run the same amount of hours and been subject to the same climate conditions. I learned many years ago to always at least suggest to a customer both be replaced when one quit. That way there was only the cost of one service call to get them both done. Twelve years is not a bad life for pool equipment now.
Tha

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.