INTERMATIC seems to be working but not turning on/off anymore

BasicTek

Bronze Supporter
Oct 9, 2016
Lake Mary, FL
Following Irma and 2 days without power my intermatic timer was set wrong. I've reset it per the directions and it's counting time properly, but when it should turn on (10AM, and off 2PM) it doesn't change (just stays in the previous condition). I have to turn it on/off myself. This timer was here when I bought the pool and my SWG installer just used it so I'm not really familiar with how they operate. I downloaded a guide for model T104R and I can't see anything I missed. Anyone else have any ideas? Thanks!

So you are sure the yellow dial is turning and keeping time? Did the timer legs attached to the dial get messed up?

definitely still turning around and keeping the proper time. The way I understand it when it passes either leg the on/off should switch. It never does not if left on or off. I found a youtube video that said maybe I should replace the legs... I inspected both and they seem ok not looking bent or anything.

I did loosen the screw for the timer dial before looking up the instructions but it's tight now, I'm really not sure what's going on.

This is a mechanical timer and to set the time you must pull on dial and rotate it to the correct time (watch AM vs. PM). The dial must return to the seated position for it to hit (activate) the trippers.

The trippers must be perpendicular to the outside edge of the dial and make sure the set screws are tight.

This is a mechanical timer and to set the time you must pull on dial and rotate it to the correct time (watch AM vs. PM). The dial must return to the seated position for it to hit (activate) the trippers.

The trippers must be perpendicular to the outside edge of the dial and make sure the set screws are tight.

Thanks, I have pulled out the dial to reset the time several times making sure it snapped back as far as possible, I have re-seated the trippers making sure they are snug (with pliers) and they look perpendicular to the edge. It doesn't sound like I missed anything... I'll keep playing with it

ok looking at the instructions I unscrewed the pointer prior to learning to set the time. I see on the directions they say DO NOT do this. I assume this must be what broke the timer, but I'm unsure if I can fix it. I tightened it back up.

View attachment 69154

So I found a post that said "It will not break anything by moving the pointer, but you might forget the current time location." Is there a way to tell where the pointer should have originally been pointing too? I thought where ever I pointed it would be the time, but I probably just can't point it back to the original position so if the on/off is occurring it's not when I think it is....

Last edited:
Anyone, I just had a new pool timer put in by my electrician. Problem is, my pool will turn off but not on. I appears the on switch gets moved three quarters of the way but not completely. It seems it's a problem with the little metal on switch... so I replaced it with a new on switch and it's doing the same thing... not completely turning on. It appears to be a very very tiny bend on the tip of where it apparently engages to switch on. Not sure why it's doing this and how do I fix it.... please help anyone!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.