Intermatic PF1102T Clock Motor replacement

HD2018ul

Apr 20, 2021
Fort Worth
Can you buy just the clock motor instead of the whole PF1102MT mechanism?
I have this model (240v) on my pool that includes the freeze protection. The clock motor gear will not turn AND I do not know if the gear is even supposed to turn freely without power. It was working fine until the hard and long freeze here in Fort Worth. Lost power for a couple of days and things froze up. Had to replace some above ground plumbing. When I fired everything back up the clock wasn't working. I can still spin the timer with the on/off tabs and the manual knob all still work to turn the pump on/off. I see other clock motors that look very similar but do not have the same part number (WG1773: 208/277v 60HZ). So my roughly $200 question is: can I buy just the clock motor by itself and save some $$$.

Would appreciate any info on this.

Thanks

Welcome to TFP.

I don't see any WG1773 for sale if that is the correct part number.

Thanks for the info. WG1773 is the P/N. I looked at the PB914N66 but that looks totally different. I've always assumed that electronic parts are not returnable. I found a place that does allow returns on the WG1573-010 motor. It really looks like the one in there now. Except for the P/N, it lists the same volts and hertz. I plan on giving that one a shot.

Reactions: JamesW
I suspect that the mechanical time clocks are probably either the 120 or 240 versions.

It really wouldn't make sense to have different models other than those two.

So, I suspect that it will probably work.

I saw some for about $22.00. So, probably worth trying.

Do you have a picture of your mechanism?

I may have a spare timer laying around from when I replaced mine. PM me and I'll see if I can find it. I'm kinda local to you so it shouldn't be that big a deal.

well i tried the WG1573-10 and it doesn't match up. The alignment slot opposite the wires is in the center and mine is slightly to the left of center. The gear that engages the timer is also bigger on the the 1573. should have taken a comparison pic so folks could see but I was to bummed that it didn't work and didn't think about a side by side pic. Good thing is everything works but the clock so at least the pool stays clean. Gives me time to look and try some possible solutions.

Attachments

• IMG_2390.JPG
    IMG_2390.JPG
    357 KB · Views: 9

well i tried the WG1573-10 and it doesn't match up. The alignment slot opposite the wires is in the center and mine is slightly to the left of center. The gear that engages the timer is also bigger on the the 1573. should have taken a comparison pic so folks could see but I was to bummed that it didn't work and didn't think about a side by side pic. Good thing is everything works but the clock so at least the pool stays clean. Gives me time to look and try some possible solutions.
Were you able to find a solution? I cannot find any WG1773 motors anywhere.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.