Intermatic 104R - Losing Time

Apr 9, 2018
St Augustine Fl
Hi Guys - looking for some help with the timer that is hooked up to my SWG. I've noticed every couple days I need to adjust/correct the time. The timer is only 3 years old, could it be going bad already? Who would fix something like this, an electrician? I have been able to do a lot of things with our pool myself (with the help of this great forum), but I feel like this is a little out of my league :)

And.....when I checked this morning it was way off, and I fear the SWG came on when my pool pump was off. So I'm a little freaked that I did some damage to the SWG.

I included a picture for reference. Appreciate you guys!!

download.png

The Intermatic timer should last more then 3 years. But they cannot be repaired.

Check the voltage to it with a multimeter. If the voltage is good and it loses time then replace the timer mechanism. You can buy the timer without the box and it is easy to replace. Turn off the CB and it is just a few screws.

CB = Circuit Breaker

The way you posted your pic it cannot be enlarged. Post a larger pic of the timer. What model number is on the door sticker?

Last edited:
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.