IntelliTouch Gremlins

skavan

Aug 28, 2015
Connecticut
Hi,
I have a i10+3D with screenlogic too and a couple of control panels.
It has 2 x VS Circulation pumps and 2 x VS Edge Pumps and a separate Pump for the spa.
  • It is mostly working -- but every morning at 8am-ish, the spa, the pool heater, the circ pumps, and the edge pump come on.
I have looked at all the scheduled events and there isn't one that matches this.
Any ideas on where else a "schedule" may lurk so I can kill it. Or how I can figure out what is triggering it in the first place?

Hope that all made sense - I'm new to all this.

s.

S,

If that is all the schedules you have, then I don't see anything obvious..

Is this a new install, which has never work? Or is this a system that has been working for years and just now started having this problem?

Have you changed any programming lately? Did you recently replace the ScreenLogic protocol adapter or the main board in the IntelliTouch?

Are you using the 4 button wired spa controller? If so, as a test you can just unplug it at the main board.

It might be freeze control kicking in... As a test you can un-check the On with freeze box on the circuits page.. Like this one..

When this happens, how long does it run?

Thanks,

Jim R.

Freeze Protection was an inspired idea -- and those circuits had FP checked. So I unchecked - but alas, at 8am the spa kicked in! (And I'm in the Caribbean!).
To answer some of your other questions.
#1. It's been happening for a while.
#2. We have replaced the control panels.
#3. No Hardwired remote

Where can this gremlin be?

S,

Here is my story and I'm sticking to it... :mrgreen:

My EasyTouch got hit by lightning and it took out the main board.. I bought a used board from a friend on this site and it came with an old program in it.. Just like yours, my system would do things that did not show up when looking at the programing. To fix the problem, I had to erase memory in the new card and reprogram the whole thing. But, since I had ScreenLogic, it only took a few minutes.. Before I changed anything, I took screen shots of every set up page, and basically just used them to reprogram everything. (Keep in mind that the "extra" programming did not show up anywhere when looking at ScreenLogic itself or with the configuration set up pages.

One thing you could try first, would be to just erase all the schedules and then see if the problem was still there with no schedules in the system. If it is still bad, I'd erase everything and start over.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks Mate.
Bit scary for a newb like me...and I've just come back to CT...when I pluck up the courage to go down the erase and reprogram route, I'll want to be there in person!
Meanwhile I was wondering whether I could insert a new schedule to either turn the SPA OFF at 8:15am every day...like the below.
Don't really know what the "Stop Time" does in this scenario. What do you think?

Pool_Capture.PNG

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.