Palm Bay, FL
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-40
Our pool is just about complete. We’ve had water in it for a few weeks now and so far, as expected, I have to add acid every day. Usually at least 8 oz. We have a spa spillover and a waterfall. I presume my pool will always be hungry for MA, correct? (Right now my TA is at 70) Right now it is a chlorine puck pool until they dump the salt in, and from what I’m reading, once its a SW pool the PH will want to go even higher. We knew going in that the water features would cause high PH, and decided to go with it anyways and deal with the side effects.

Ive done research on the IntelliPH and it seems like a prefect solution for me to keep everything in order. However, most of the posts about it on this forum are several years old. So, has anything changed for the negative/positive in the last few years? Is there anyone that currently has the IntelliPH and would like to school me up on if they are still happy with it? Also my early research tells me it is out of stock most places right now. Is that a COVID related issue or is it possibly discontinued? Thanks in advance for any help!

Is your fill water high in TA? Do you use a lot of fill water? Your pH rise would slow if you scheduled the water features to only run when you wish to see them. The spa spillover (please add to your signature that you have that) only needs to run for 30-40 minutes a day, at most twice a day, to keep it chlorinated.

You can certainly add an acid dispenser, but unless you are adding TA via your fill water, the pH rise should dramatically lessen once the plaster is cured.

No my fill water must have a TA of about 50 since that’s what it was when I first tested it. Good to know it will lessen significantly when the plaster cures.

I have the IntellipH and I like it. I installed it about this time last year. Used it for a few weeks before temps got too cold and it shut off for the winter. It will not work if the Intellichlor is not working. It was nice being able to take several week long or slightly longer trips this summer, and not having to worry about finding someone that could check on the pool. I did daily testing the week leading up to the trips and when we came back, the water was spot on just like I left it. I've filled it several times this year. I use the 31.45% acid and dilute 1:1 with water. I only refill with those 2 gallons. Happy to answer any other questions you have on it.

--Jeff

I have the IntellipH and I like it. I installed it about this time last year. Used it for a few weeks before temps got too cold and it shut off for the winter. It will not work if the Intellichlor is not working. It was nice being able to take several week long or slightly longer trips this summer, and not having to worry about finding someone that could check on the pool. I did daily testing the week leading up to the trips and when we came back, the water was spot on just like I left it. I've filled it several times this year. I use the 31.45% acid and dilute 1:1 with water. I only refill with those 2 gallons. Happy to answer any other questions you have on it.

--Jeff
Thanks for the input! What is your reason for diluting the acid? I assume it would increase the life of the parts involved with transporting the acid, and also would be safer to store. any other advantages?

No real reason. One of the other members here had a lengthy thread on his IntellipH and he diluted so I decided I would operate in that manner as well. I'm sure it helps to extend the life of components.

--Jeff

Reactions: Andome
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.