IntellipH Injector Placement

kyleaa

Silver Supporter
May 26, 2019
Las Vegas, NV
Hello! I'm planning to install an IntellipH, but wanted to get some thoughts on the injector placement before proceeding. The segment of pipe that runs between the heater and the SWG is underneath another pipe running from the filter to the heater. Due to this, it would be impossible to have the injector go into the top of the pipe - it would need to go in at an angle. The installation instructions don't give any guidance on this (while the pictures do show it on top, it's not mentioned at all in the directions). I'm intending to use a threaded tee instead of the included saddle clamp.

Does anyone forsee any issues with installing the injector at an angle?

Attachments

• IMG_5617.jpeg
    IMG_5617.jpeg
    554 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_5616.jpeg
    IMG_5616.jpeg
    640.2 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_5618.jpeg
    IMG_5618.jpeg
    635.3 KB · Views: 15
K,

I can't tell based upon your pics, but I would think that you want your acid injection to be just before your SWCG (if you have one) or just before the water is returned to the pool.. I only ask, because you really do not want it before the filter or heater.

We need pics from further back showing all your valves.

Thanks,

Jim R.

K,

Makes more sense now.. Thanks for the pic..

I do not think that the injector needs to be at the very top.. It is not going to be dripping into an empty pipe. If this were my pool, I would add your adapter between the SWCG and the elbow going to the check valve before the heater.. I'd mount it pointing up but with enough clearance to clear the pipe above, so 45 degrees or so.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.