IntellifloXF with an Aqualink RS - Answers

shakenbake

LifeTime Supporter
Aug 9, 2010
Austin, TX
Hi everyone. Since no one, including Jandy, could tell me if the final firmware (R) on the Aqualink RS is compatible with the (new-ish) intellifloXF pump, I decided to try it.

The good news - yes, it works just fine, in fact even better that my old SVRS unit. You can address the speed directly from Aqualink programming, and the diagnostics and monitoring correctly report its status, speed, and wattage use. Speed changes are fast, unlike the prior generation's slow wind up and wind down. Hooray!!!

The bad news - it is far away from being a swap in for the the old design. It uses 3" OD and 2.5" ID plumbing, and the dimensions are different between inlet, outlet, and height - so much so that the geometry of how my previous pump was integrated was not directly compatible. I had to get creative and re-do some of the plumbing, and I'd say it's under a bit of pre-load now. Expect to do a couple hours of work, and before hand make sure you have a way to reduce the 3"/2.5" inlet and outlet to whatever you use (I have 2").

That all said, it is a much more powerful pump, primes faster, is quieter - though it was replacing a 6 year old SVRS that has seen better days.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.