Missouri
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Pentair Intellichlor IC-60
Came out this morning to a solid red light on my new intelliflo3. Started up fine and is pumping again.

Was having some bubbles in the pump lid that I mentioned in another thread. Not sure if it lost prime? What should I do to troubleshoot?

Note: don’t think it’s relevant, but it rained this morning and hasn’t yet since the install

Right now, it's running 24/7 @ 1200 RPM.

I have a "pool high" circuit that I had previously set @ 1900 RPM which would run on an hour egg timer. Last night around 5:30 I cranked that circuit it up to 2900 RPM to see if it would get rid of the bubbles in the pump lid.

Not sure when the red light came on and the pump stopped.

Rob,

The IntelliFlo3 is new to me, so not sure what the 'Red' light means, if anything.

If you want to run 24/7, you should set up a schedule for 8 am until 8 am.

If you manually turn on a circuit, it will shut off when the egg-timer times out. Every circuit has an egg-timer, the default is 12 hours.

If I were worried about the pump shutting off on its own, I'd set up a 24/7 schedule and then let it run a couple of days and see if the pump shuts of or not.

Edit.. I have three IntelliFlo pumps that run at about 1200 RPM, 24/7. They all have bubbles under the pump lid. I don't care.. As long as they don't keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger, it is not an issue for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Rob,

The IntelliFlo3 is new to me, so not sure what the 'Red' light means, if anything.

If you want to run 24/7, you should set up a schedule for 8 am until 8 am.

If you manually turn on a circuit, it will shut off when the egg-timer times out. Every circuit has an egg-timer, the default is 12 hours.

If I were worried about the pump shutting off on its own, I'd set up a 24/7 schedule and then let it run a couple of days and see if the pump shuts of or not.

Edit.. I have three IntelliFlo pumps that run at about 1200 RPM, 24/7. They all have bubbles under the pump lid. I don't care.. As long as they don't keep getting bigger and bigger and bigger, it is not an issue for me.

Thanks,

Jim R.
Ok, so potentially just the egg timer on the pool circuit shut it off? (It was set to 12 hrs, just changed to do not stop).

Reactions: Jimrahbe

Thanks,

Jim R.
So, after about 24 hours at 1200 rpm my pump is still running, but there is noticeably more air under the lid. The water is down about an inch:
IMG_1490.jpeg

Very typical for VS pumps. Each day schedule the pump to ramp up to 2000 rpm for 30 minutes or so and see if the air clears out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.